The SABRE Awards are the world’s largest PR awards programme, recognising superior achievement in branding and reputation in North America, EMEA, Asia-Pacific, Latin America, South Asia, and Africa.
The pan-African Ogilvy network carried the day by winning a total of 17 awards for Ghana, Kenya, and the South Africa offices for the SABRE Awards Africa.
“2018 was a remarkable year for us and our clients because the communication landscape has become very dynamic. These awards symbolize that we are moving with the times and our integrated communications approach is helping us solve our clients’ most pressing business challenges while reaching our targeted audiences through ideas that grab earned media and influence, to build brands that matter,” said Mr. Mathieu Plassard, CEO, Ogilvy Africa.
“Over the last years, in line with our integrated approach, we have assembled teams that deliver effective communication work for our clients in line with growing demand for strategic communication in an earned media world,” said Plassard.
A total of five awards were presented to Ogilvy Ghana – two (2) wins for Integrated Marketing, and Mining and Extractive industries and three (3) Certificates of Excellence and,
- Integrated Marketing (Winner) – Ghanaians Against Child Abuse (GACA) — UNICEF and Government of Ghana
- Mining and Extractive Industries (Winner) – Kosmos Innovation Center (Global and Ghana) — Kosmos Energy Ltd with Ogilvy Ghana
- Food and Beverage (Certificate of Excellence) – Coca-Cola World Cup Campaign (Ghana & Nigeria) — Coca-Cola West Africa Business Unit
- Corporate Image (Certificate of Excellence) – Kosmos Innovation Center (Global and Ghana) — Kosmos Energy Ltd
- Mining and Extractive Industries (Certificate of Excellence) – Gold Fields 25TH Anniversary 2018 — Gold Fields Ghana Ltd with Ogilvy Ghana
In addition, Ogilvy Ghana has secured a prestigious finalists’ spot in the 2019 Platinum Sabre Award for Best in Show for the GACA campaign.
In total, 37 SABRE trophies will be presented to African campaigns this year in Kigali, Rwanda on May 16th 2019.